Did you know?
- Most collisions occur with trains traveling under 30 mph.
- Approximately 64% of all collisions occur in daylight hours.
- Most collisions occur within 25 miles of the driver’s home.
- Approximately every 3 hours (some place in the United States) a collision occurs between a train and a vehicle or a train and a pedestrian.
- You are 20 times more likely to die in a collision with a train than in a collision involving another motor vehicle.
- At 55 mph, it may take a train up to a mile or more to stop.
- Nearly 50% of all collisions occur at crossings equipped with active warning devices.
- Nearly 25% of all collisions occur when the vehicle runs into the side of the train.
National Crossing Collisions 2020
- Collisions: 1,889
- Injuries: 675
- Fatalities: 202
National Trespasser Incidents 2020
- Injuries: 556
- Fatalities: 543
Nebraska Crossing Collisions 2020
- Collisions: 37
- Injuries: 10
- Fatalities: 0
Nebraska Trespasser Incidents 2020
- Injuries: 4
- Fatalities: 2
- Source: Federal Railroad Administration »